Developing three-dimensional bone-like tissue for promising bone-regenerative medicine
- Mechanotransduction controls for mesenchymal stem cell clumps to create three-dimensional bone-like tissue that consists of bone matrices, osteoblasts, and osteocytes.
- The world’s first jawbone regenerative medical technology that doesn’t include any artificial material and provides true three-dimensional bone-like tissue.
- Establishment of fundamental technology for a wide range of bone-regenerative medicine.
Objective and Aim
The ideal treatment to regenerate a jawbone loss is an autogenous bone graft to supply bone matrices, osteoblasts, and osteocytes. However, due to the limited amount of collected autologous bone, challenges remain in applying autologous bone grafts to large defects patients. Accordingly, if a system to supply three-dimensional bone-like tissue similar to the autologous bone can be established, innovative jawbone regenerative medicine can be realized.
Promising markets, products and industry sectors
- ●Regenerative medical products (dental area, bone disease area, etc.)
- ●It’s been recently reported that the living mesenchymal stem cells form their organizational structures in association with the microenvironment condition, such as extracellular matrix stiffness. Thus, gel-embedded cultures are used instead of suspension cultures to provide the stiffness for the cellular microenvironment in the three-dimensional clumps of mesenchymal stem cells (C-MSCs), which, in turn, results in the generation of three-dimensional bone-like material consists of bone matrices, osteoblasts, and osteocytes.
Strengths of this Research
- ●Created a technology for making three-dimensional bone-like tissue from bone matrices, osteoblasts, and osteocytes, which was thought to be challenging to create without artificial material. It was confirmed that transplantation of the 3D bone-like tissues promoted a successful bone- regeneration.
- ●Patent application 2019-089161: Bone-like tissue and its creation method
- ●Patent application 2018-514236: Frozen cell cluster and method for producing frozen cell cluster
- ●Jawbone regenerative medicine
- ●Bone disease regenerative medicine
What we need from partner companies
- ●Collaboration for conducting clinical research: Looking to do joint research with a company that can carry out an extrapolation confirmation test from large animals to humans, and non-clinical safety tests.
- ●Collaboration for improved results and reduced cost: Looking to do joint research with a company that has the technology for culture equipment, automatic culture devices, mechanomedicine, and safety and effective supply of cells
- ●Looking to do joint research with a company that can cooperate on grant applications (AMED etc.).
- ● Name: BioJapan, Regenerative Medicine JAPAN2019
- ● Dates: From Wednesday, October 9 through Friday, October 11, 2019
- ● Location: Pacifico Yokohama
For companies interested in the above project, please contact us from the link below.