Brain, Mind, and Kansei
Brain, Mind and Kansei Science
- With brain science at the center, an interdisciplinary quest for “brain, mind and perception” covering the fields of medical science, engineering, information science, humanities and social science, brain-function measurements and control science.
- Brain science research that measures perception from negative to positive.
Creation of bio-industry through genome editing
- Develop genome-editing tools unique to Japan
- Expand research in the medical biology and breed improvement sectors
- Support genome editing and gather data
Innovative manufacturing using ICT
- Promote new material development as the model base
- Data-driven smart system to improve productivity
- Improve accuracy of inspection and monitoring with high-speed image-processing technology
Treatment of ciliopathy through cholesterol control
- Elucidation of physiological functions of ciliary cholesterol and pathological mechanisms of ciliopathies via dysfunction of ciliary cholesterol
- The target molecules are identified in ciliary cholesterol trafficking
- Infrastructure development for therapeutic drugs against ciliopathies and cancers
Control algorithm that realizes improved production efficiency
- Implemented a new control algorithm as the core of a database. Aim for improved manufacturing efficiency at the production site.
Development of exhaust gas purification catalyst
- Original development of high durability zeolite synthesis technology
- Application for exhaust gas purification catalyst and adsorbent under severe conditions
Developing three-dimensional bone-like tissue for promising bone-regenerative medicine
- Mechanotransduction controls for mesenchymal stem cell clumps to create three-dimensional bone-like tissue that consists of bone matrices, osteoblasts, and osteocytes.
- The world’s first jawbone regenerative medical technology that doesn’t include any artificial material and provides true three-dimensional bone-like tissue.
- Establishment of fundamental technology for a wide range of bone-regenerative medicine.